Monday, March 9, 2009

I know I am loved. All it takes is a BIG boo boo!

Yesterday was a beautiful pre-spring day. After dropping the dadmeister off at work, I decided that me and the kids (and the dog) were going to play outside in the back yard. My boys were riding their pedal/push cars around, the dog was playing fetch with the baby and my daughter and I were playing volley ball. In all, it was the perfect afternoon (with the exception of missing my hunnie!)

I try to play hard because that is the only way to make the fat go away. Yes, I have a serious problem with the way I look but that is another story for another day. When my daughter served the ball, it went way high and to the right. To the right of me, the grass gently slopes up to the edge of the driveway. My leg chose to step on that the wrong way. Essentially, my knee attempted to bend the other way and my knee said "Not today!" and the most awful pain shot up from behind my kneecap. Now I am normally a tough cookie, but I instantly went down and was rolling around in the grass holding my leg. " Oh OW! Oh OW!" was all I could muster loudly. Now here is where my epiphany occured

As I am laying there rolling around, you know I still have my super power mother sense on and I am mentally noting that all of my children are still in the yard. I also sense them coming nearer. I also sense the dog. I know she wont go anywhere but I feel her presence too! Then she pounces on my side and begins frantically licking my face as if to say: " Are you OK? I saw that! It will be ok! I love you! KISS KISS..." Within seconds, I attempt to roll over, still writhing in pain, and my two year old jumps on my chest kissing my face too. "Ow! Ow!" he says and is giggling. So I continue to roll to my right trying to rid my face of dog licks and baby drool and all of a sudden, my five year old is shaking my left side and screaming "Mommy! Mommy! Are you OK! Where is your boo boo! I wanna kiss it! Get up! You will get all dirty! Are you OK?!!!!" Now I am not done here. My right leg is the one hurt and very sharply I might add. My left leg is extended trying to help me maneuver all this chaos on top of me. Well, not chaos, unadulterated concern and LOVE! My daughter comes up and begins slapping my left leg " Mom! Mom! Hey! I saw that! What happened!?..." Now all of this is still going on and I realize that I am so loved and that love reverberated through my heart and shone so brightly that the pain subsided and I sat up. My knee was still throbbing but I felt special and oh so loved. I told them what happened and how it felt, I got a kiss for my boo boo and my boys (2 and 5) tried to help me to my feet and were brushing the grass off my clothes.

I had a flashback of how wonderful it was when I was a kid when one of my parents would help me up after I fell down and made things all better. Only, this was going the other way! I fuss so much and expect soo much out of my kids and I often feel that they resent me. But I was and have been so wrong for soo long. I adore each and everyone of my children and I now know without a doubt they feel the same about me! It feels good to be loved!!!!!!! =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment