Thursday, May 16, 2013

The dresser never had a chance against rage.

After experiencing one of the most mind blowing weeks I have had in a long time, I have to sit down and reflect upon how I am going to pick up the pieces of my shattered demeanor and continue on.  I have just experienced a nightmare involving three of my children and various accusations and other anomalies to our lives.  While they range from the grave to the trivial, it has thrown a great wrench into our lives and now it is up to me, their mother, to pick up the mess and continue on.

Due to the fact that I am unable to get some me time that is quite often noted as necessary by scholarly sources that give advise on parenting, I am unable to find ways to properly proceed in letting off a little steam.  However, there has been this dresser that I keep failing to put on the side of the road come garbage day and it is driving me nuts that it is broken, unusable, and still in the room it has always been in. Upon the notification of the event that caused a great deal of chaos for our youngest child, I could not stand it anymore and the dresser had to be done away with.

We have had this aluminum baseball bat that someone left at our home some years back.  There is not one person in my home that has any interest in baseball other than a passing fancy.  Boy, did I ever give that bat its worth today.  I took that grotesque dresser to our back yard and took that baseball bat to it and totally shattered it and took out my frustrations accordingly.  I must say it felt pretty good. I even enjoyed the cleanup afterwards.  Quite nice.  It was such a rush that I even had to vomit in the corner of the yard when I was done with the demolition.  With stress spent, energy caput, and bat bent all to hell, I began to clean up and felt much much better about the whole thing.

I happen to think that everytimethere is a piece of furniture that is no longer useful in my home, I will beat the crap out of it to relieve some stress.  As I no longer have access to a gym, this worked just fine for me. Now I will be able to take the next steps to rectify this mess that my family has found itself in.

Remember when you see movies where the character is punching the crap out of a punching bag? I imagine this to be the same. Simply ghetto style.   What types of unconventional stress releivers do you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment