Friday, February 6, 2015

Happy Juice

Once a month, our family will come together and do our big grocery shopping. This is where we get all of the things that will carry us through. Non perishables, cleaning supplies, stuff for the next few weeks, dog food. You know the one shopping trip every month that you spend hundreds of dollars and come home broke just to watch it dwindle to nothing all over again. Yea, that trip. I rather enjoy it. It is yet another time where there are no electronics and televisions and we have to interact with one another as families are supposed to do. (You would think I would be a big fan of the whole 'eat dinner at the table' movement but it is the moments like the grocery shopping that do not seem forced like watching each other shovel dinner into our pie holes. I prefer those moments over a forced moment any day. Besides, I have already asked everyone about their day long before dinner comes around. So there! Yea, I digressed, didn't I?)

Sometimes you see things in the grocery store that just make you go....OKAY!  I have seen Snookies dog snacks, Bordeaux Butt Paste, Boogies Wipes, Piddlers, and a whole host of other things that were just wrong to be named that. But this particular shopping trip, it was Cal who found something that was like YESSS!

He found Happy Juice! Let us disregard, for a moment, that it was in the alcoholic beverages section. (Don't judge, the soda and bottled water is in the same section so do not go there. No drunks in this family thank you very much. Besides, if you knew our kids, you would wonder WHY we don't have a full bar in our house anyway.) NEW THOUGHT! I will be right back, gotta check the lottery numbers.

............

Ok. Back. Typical ending to the lottery numbers. Crumpled up paper to add to the recycling pile. It never fails. Back to the Happy Juice. The off brand beer and coolers are across the back wall and the name brand beer is in a cooler on the side of the section. All of the soda, flavored water, wine, and bottled water are on the rows in the middle of the floor. As we rounded the end of the soda aisle to go to the bottled water in the next aisle, there was a woman standing there holding her buggy down. She was not interested in the goings on around her, she was just sort of standing there doing nothing. As we walked by her, she took a couple of steps and it looked like she was about to walk away. However, Cal stopped her. He walked by her  and about five steps later, he did an about face and said "Did I just see Happy Juice?"  He walked around the end of her buggy (she was about to turn into the soda aisle) and went to the corner and pulled a glass bottle off the top shelf. It was filled with something red and had a yellow top. Was a typical 24 oz glass bottle but it had an evil yellow smiley face on it. The woman actually had to stop walking because he had cut her off and she looked at him incredulously. "Look! It's Happy Juice!" he said and presented the bottle to her face. Her flabbergasted look turned into one of amusement as he walked back by her and she giggled as she walked into the soda aisle, forever forgotten (or so she thinks. It would be CRAZY if she read this! haha.) 

He brought the bottle to me and yup. It was there. "Happy Juice" Evil smiley face and it was an alcoholic beverage! Oh yea, if someone has a few of those they may certainly be happy, or happily fall down, or happily puke....whatever floats your boat. Of course, I pull out the camera. Yes please! Something to write about! I do find myself thinking, when I have an especially trying day, would Happy Juice bring the happy back? I am not one for trying a new beverage because I like my go-tos but I may take the plunge and try that one day. 

Here is Cal with the Happy Juice, I almost had to take the picture twice because he was smiling holding the bottle. Even here, you can see that he finds it as amusing as I do. Yes, we have a sick sense of humor. That is why I love my Cal! :)


What a great name for a frosty cold one huh? (Oh! Imagine what it would look like were it truly frosty and had some of that crystal ice forming on the outside of the bottle? I would hope to get the one that forms mean eyebrows on the smiley face making more fanatical. Hehehe)

What do YOU think?

No comments:

Post a Comment