Saturday, July 20, 2013

Trees have boo boos too!

Ever since I was a little girl, I would imagine what it must be like to be a tree in "these modern times." I was taught in elementary school that trees were living things just like humans or animals and that they should be treated with respect and not to hurt them. Plants too for that matter. I was also taught that if you were lost in the woods and became cold that you could hug a tree and it would provide you with a little warmth as it was alive and produced heat of its own. While I am not sure about that, when you are freezing even the most ridiculous would be worth a try, I'm sure.

Ok, back to being a tree. Every once in a while I look around and take note of all of the things that are made of wood around me. I am even more aware when we are in a park or something. There are houses, benches, wood piles (for fire of course,) and even the handles of some of your tools. If trees had eyes... 

Here I am a stately oak tree and I look around and it must be like a cow hanging out in a meat freezer. I see all of these things made from the flesh of my comrades and they are all put on display like some trophy or prize. How sickening it must be. Those humans will cut down a tree, make a bench and think it pretty to put it at my roots?! What do I want to look at one of my murdered own for? Their priorities must be skewed. What would they think if I were to hang one of them amongst my branches like a piece of jewelry. Of course that will not do.

I know it sounds kind of off but imagine what it must be like to be a tree today. I know they do not have eyes or emotions but, if they did. Imagine how they must feel. 

Yea, yea, I do think about odd stuff sometimes, but who doesn't. I am just a little more out in the open about my thoughts. Look at the picture below. This tree was hit by my son's pedal car a couple of days before this picture was taken. Yes, it was at full speed. By that I mean as fast as my five year old could pedal it and WHAM! right into the tree. (Gosh forbid he mess up the fence, right?) See, the tree 'bled.' It got a boo boo. A rather large one I may add. Poor tree. As humans, we take things for granted and the natural resources that are left on this planet should be allowed to grow and replenish and we should not be so wasteful. It is not like there are vast other worlds where we can go and consume them into nothing. This is the only planet we have got. 

Lets love our mother earth, she provides for us and we should respect her enough to take care of the things she gives us to survive. 

My blurb for the day, just wanted to let you know what I was thinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment