Sunday, April 20, 2014

What ever happened to human interaction?

My name is Michele, and I am addicted to the Interwebs.


Yes, there, step one of the program. Well, I have been told that the first step is denial. Yup, I can tell you I have said the fabled verse "I can quit at anytime!" Pssshhhhh. I would be lost without my interwebs. No, wait, so long as there are books around, I can certainly rehabilitate. (Isn't that leaving one vice for another? Oh yes, as I STILL chew all my pen lids as I did when I quit smoking over a decade ago.)


I have noticed that most people these days interact with one another via some sort of technological device instead of getting up off their lazy rumpus and go into the other room to tell them something. How horrid is that? Albeit I have been known to text my child to get her to get up off HER rumpus to come here (to no avail) or to ask her a silly question, it is something that seems to be rampant.


When I go out with my family, I try in vain to convince them to leave their electronic devices at home. They should see the world some and become disconnected from the technology they rely so heavily upon. What they fail to see is that the rest of the world does not do that. Everywhere you look, there are phones or some music device attached to people like they are self aware robots or something.


I also notice that when people are constantly interrupted from their devices, they become quite angry. I have become bothered severely when I am constantly interrupted to. However, I am like that as well when I am into a good book. Go figure.  I wonder how much more peaceful this country would be were it for the fact that we did not have any cell phones, tablets, ipads, laptops, or music devices to occupy our time. We would be forced to do what the world intended for us to be in the first place.


We would get to know each other and we may even be more kind. That and the makers of things like Monopoly and Jenga would not be a struggling unit. :)


Brought to you by board games. What ever happened to family interaction?


What do YOU think?

No comments:

Post a Comment