Saturday, January 24, 2009

Let's Take a Ride.

(Thunder begins to roll overhead...) Hmm. Sounds like rain. I wanted to take a ride anyway. Lets saunter over to my car and go for a spin. I have things to show you that are still part of my world, only they are in the larger arena.

We hop in the car and roll down the street. You see a typical city-edge neighborhood. Complete with Food Lion, car lots, eateries, specialty shops, Auto Zone, convenience stores, etc. Nothing new. While it is Sunday, I pull into a parking lot that belongs to a title loan place. I see your puzzled look as you note that it is closed. I merely point to the building next door. It is vacant, remnants of a closed business. That building has its own story to tell.



This building has a story its own. Likely, it will be torn down at some point but I am sure that it will need "cleaning" before its demise. It used to house an adult book store. One of the lovely businesses along the main vein into the city. Boy am I proud to call this place MY home. (You hear the flat tone in my voice.) Because of the nature of its business, you can imagine some of the things that went on there. Rumor has it that prostitutes used to do their trade there. In the private viewing rooms as well as in the parking lot behind the building. Wow. What a more perfect place, there is a privacy fence back there! At any rate, the city finally got tired of it and attempted to charge the owners of the building as well as the business. It was eventually closed down for just those reasons. The sign was taken off the front and doors locked. Deemed a health hazard. NICE. Very nice.

There are other things that are going on around here and they make you want to say: "Not in MY neighborhood." That is what YOU think...

No comments:

Post a Comment