Thursday, January 2, 2014

Robin outside my window.

I am fortunate enough to have a window in my office that affords me the wonderful morning sunshine.  This is a wonderful start to my day. As of late, there has been a robin redbreast bird that likes to relax in the run off pool from the HVAC unit.  I am certain it is "fresh" as it runs out do a small decline in the yard and it has a puddle and when it overfills, it runs down into the grass.  Lots of goodies there for a bird like Mr. Robin.  Fresh grass to pull for nesting purposes, lots of little bugs and a nice refreshing drink or bath. 

Work can become quite dreary at times and it is nice to receive a visit from Mr. Robin.  While he does not know I enjoy his company, it makes for a nice arrangement. He is not afraid of me, nor do I scare him away.  Because the view from my window can be quite boring, it makes for a nice change of pace in between calls.  I am certainly glad that I have a window next to my cubicle for work or I believe I would go crazy!

Each of us need something to break up the monotony of the day and it is simple things in life like that which keep most of us going. I know I certainly appreciate the simpler things in life. For me, watching for Mr. Robin each day when the sun is shining is making me appreciative of the little things. Mr. Robin knows not what he does for my psyche every day but that is harmony with nature. There is no need for that conscious effort when there is peace and harmony between one and the world.

While this was aimed at a discussion as a WAH Professional, it is more of just a wonderful thing in my life and to note that it is the little things that matter in life. A lot of little things will multiply into big things and that, my friends, is what life is all about.

What do YOU think?

No comments:

Post a Comment