Monday, February 16, 2009

Ice on the Beach......play on words? Not really...



Ok, so sometimes it gets too cold for me. Look at this. Cold without a purpose makes me grumpy. I don't mind cold so long as snow is involved. But this is just silly. This is in front of the Chamber of Commerce in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Taken on the coldest day of the year, it was a balmy 18 degrees the night before. This picture was taken at 1:30 in the afternoon! Nevermind the fact that the week before it was nearly seventy degrees! What is going on with that?!?!?!?!

This fountain stayed frozen for nearly three days. What you can hardly see here is the side that the sun rises on is on the opposite side of the photographer and that side is almost thawed. I also found a strange beauty here. Icicles are so very pretty no matter where they are. Quite deadly as well. You never want to be underneath one of them suckers when they decide to let go of their perch! OUCH!

Just thought I would liven it up a little here since I started out soo gloomy and dark. Warm days are on their way and more to talk about! Come, chat for a while, we are all friends here. The coffee is fresh even, none of that reheated stuff that many folks I know despise. Hey, it is even the good stuff from Tim Horton's country! Thanks Canada!!!!! =0).

No comments:

Post a Comment