Sunday, April 28, 2013

Mother Nature Needs to Change her Drug.


I love some of the pictures that I see posted on Facebook  I am particularly interested in the effects drugs have on spiders and thanks to my Doctorate in education that I have received from Facebook U, I am full on aware of these effects.  One of my favorites is the one that shows how a common house spider will make a web after being exposed to things such as marijuana, lsd, speed and (my favorite) caffeine. 
This leads me to wonder if mother nature has found said spider's stash and has made the weather of 2013 something that we have to think about.  It has truly been a cold year so far.  We have had a sprinkling of those days where we even become unreasonably optimistic that it is going to be nice from here on out and everyone pulls out the shorts and flip flops. (Well, not me, I wear them year round.)  Only to be smacked in the face with a cold blustery day.  Today is no different.  It is colder than a ducks nuts out there to be late April and for it to be Earth Day, it is ridiculous   I remember having crazy weather but this is certainly something that makes me believe that mother nature has taken a dip in the old cocaine stash of our dear spider.
Or some such nonsense.  I wholly underestimated the cold blustery that was going on outside this morning and dared only a t-shirt.  While I recalled what it was like yesterday and know from experience that it will not drastically change overnight. I did put long sleeves on the boys and allowed Joshua his normal Hoodie, head covering, and gloves combo.  That child STAYS cold so that was nothing new for him. But I tell you the cold was biting me this morning. By the time I got to the bust stop my chin was even cold. I was all like....chatter.....chatter.....O.o.
At any rate, I guess we are going to have to make more of an effort to halfway believe what the beloved weather man says on the news every night and morning. It is the only way I certainly am not going to run into that problem again.  I tell you, cold without snow is uncalled for. What is worse, is that this kind of cold is certainly insane this time of year. I don't do cold well and am so ready for the warm to begin.  I know, you don't want to hear me screaming about the blistering heat this summer but that is what fans are for and I am so ready for warm to be here, I cannot convey it to you in this forum
So, lets all make our wishes now so that this crappy cold weather will go away. At least for a few months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment