Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Working at home, MY hours this time!

Working from home again and I finally got some hours that I can deal with. Now, lets hope that I can deal with the job itself and the people. It is a family owned company and not very big but it is working with some very national clients. I like that. So far, they are very understanding of the family obligation thing and it all seems kosher for that.

I also like the fact that there are possibilites for more money. Most of the WAH jobs that I have worked in the past pay a flat rate and only offer bonuses or vesting in a 401k or tenure raises. Yech!  There is such thing as a standard of living and I do believe you should take care of the folks that have been with you for a while. After all, their spot is something you are not spending the money it takes to train them in their job for the first three months they are with you and they know the flow. Catch me?  There are a great many advantages other than tenure, family atmosphere, and the hours. The seem to understand that we are human beings! I love that! I also get to expand my social networks a little more because most of my "friends" are virtual anyway.

I love my little circle of WAH peeps. They make me laugh and they understand the statement: "They don't let me out much."  Certainly I don't get out much. But, when I don't feel like getting dressed, I can go to work in my fuzzy bunny slippers! I get a discount on my car insurance because I don't drive back and forth every day and my kids can be in the living room while I work. Now, let me explain that last statement. We have clear boundaries and expectations there. There is not a party going on out there and I have to have zero background noise. BUT, if I do not have a sitter, it is not a disaster, I can get them occupied with a board game with their older sister (shes legally old enough to babysit) and still go to work and not have to miss out on a bill or something.  I can also do laundry on my breaks and I don't have far to go to get home.

Right now the only drawback is that sickness is not a call out reason because I have the flu, currently, and I am not dying nor am I going to the ER for something that I know will pass in 7 or 8 days. So I tough it out. It is not affecting my phone voice and I can sit in here and sweat it out. (My office is like a sauna anyway.) So, yea, I have to pretty much call in dead, right?

So, don't knock it until you try it. Just be aware of scams and follow the requirements. Sometimes you may have to pay for a background check but do your homework. If it is legit, you will note that in your research.

WAH its what I do! :)

2 comments:

  1. So nice post. It is really a nice topic. There are some subject was ignored .In your post I have really cleared my false thing. I think if you carry with you this activates you will be returned as a popular writer in this society. At least I say carry on.. Thanks.
    Rent to Own Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Provashi Das. I appreciate the feedback. I run into this a lot and you will see more of the things that I encounter as a work at home professional. Keep the comments coming! I read them all! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete