Saturday, April 13, 2013

Nothing to see here...move along now.

I am the first to admit that I am nosey.  How else do you make friends in high places unless you "know" a thing or two.  This may sound hypocritical (sp?) but I absolutely HATE it when people gawk and stare at me when I am in a situation.  While it does not happen much, it happens.

Everyone has that nightmare neighbor. You know, the one that wants to make your life absolutely miserable every chance they get. Well, we are fortunate to have one of those.  There has been some animosity over a gentlemens agreement over a fence so I choose not to say much to her and, for the most part, it stays pretty quiet. However, every now and again there are some issues.

Should we choose to mark the corners of our property, there is not much that you can do about it. It is private property and it is our business.  It is not up to outsiders to remove the marking. Especially if it is just inside the property line. I am so very sorry for you that you believe it to be in your way but that is not my problem. I am tired of you driving through my property to turn around and do your business.  Leave the marker alone and there will be no problems. The only problem that I see is that you do not know how to drive and you were the first one to bend the silly pole on MY property in the first place.

Do I sound like I am venting a little? Maybe just a little bit. I am not a big fan of conflict.  Conflict starts with the same letter as chaos and we all know that chaos is not on my list of things that make me smile. The way I see it. Live and let live. That was what the police told me anyway. I noted that I don't have to live with her but that I do have to live NEXT to her.  Now for the next few months, she will scream jamaican cursewords at me at the top of her voice every single time she sees me. Usually (10 times out of 10) I will have my kids with me and she will scare the bejesus out of them. That is not very nice. It is pretty annoying. But hey, I didn't start it. She can scream all she wants to. I am just going to sit there and look at her like she is being stupid. Because she really is.

All this drama over a property pole?  (As Bruce, from Family Guy may say.) Yes. Yes it is.  There, I feel a little better. Let's hope that this too, shal pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment