Sunday, April 21, 2013

What is with the whole girly thing?

I remember when I was pregnant with our first child together. We found out we were having a girl and I had so many fears! Not the normal fears of a healthy child with all digits, no. Fears like, how am I supposed to play Barbie and nails and hair. Uck!  When I was a child, I was nothing like that. I hated to wear dresses and loved to collect slugs in a coffee can. Yes, Tomboy all the way.

Now I was faced with a creature that had the potential to be something that I wholly was not.

To my suprise, while she was a dainty little six pounds, she was perfect in every way!  I often tell people she was born with a football in one hand and a pair of sneakers in the other because she was my little tomboy!  She loved to dig in the dirt, play ball, and hang out with dad while he was fixing the cars. Every thing that I did as a little girl.  Certainly the twinkle in my eye and the diamond in the rough! I still had my fears. Make up, boys, etc.  However, as history proves, she is still such a gem!  She loves to do her own thing. Hates dresses, loves to throw the ball and uses very little makeup if any.

I could not be more proud.  For those of you who are new moms, fear not. Your child will be perfect in your heart no matter what they do and it is even more fun when their interests are right up your alley!  All of our children are wholly different from the next and that makes each of them perfect!  We have the shoe lover, the ladies man, the football player (our girl!), the soldier and the peace loving hippie. Each very special and very perfect in their own way.

I just had to write about that this morning. You know this is not my normal Rant but, sometimes, you are just so overfilled with love or emotion about something, you simply have to put it in words. Isn't that what blogging is all about? I think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment