Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Day 13: YOU can die in there! The house is screaming!

I added a comment to my post yesterday. It made me think, yea, lets put that on for tomorrow! (This post a day thing is working out well so far, ask me in February and we will see. Haha! Digression first thing! Boy, I am on the ball or I just have to pee really bad. Who knows.)

You all heard the smoke alarm from the crispy bacon. It happens. Every single person who cooks on a regular basis has burnt SOMETHING in their lives. Whether intentional or you fell asleep on it, people are human and chit happens. Get over it. However, should you be a cooking goddess (or god) then maybe not. I just do not believe there is such a thing. Even the Nazi Chef on TV burnt at least one thing before he became a professional screecher. Back to the bacon.....Yes....bacon. The smoke alarm goes off. Yes, we are safety freaks here and there are about a million of them in the house and they are wired into the house so even if one goes off the ENTIRE HOUSE can be heard for miles around. (I can tell you that every single person on my street has done this too. Cal, the kiddos and I will be outside playing ball and you will HEAR it. We just look at each other and go "Well, so and so is cookin and they flucked up! Well, not the kiddos but you get it. I digress......again.)

Wow, it is taking me a hot minute to get to the point huh? Glad you are still with me. :)

So, off the kiddos and I run to fan the smoke alarms and get them to shut up. I felt that it was not moving along fast enough and I went to the door to use it to fan some of the smoke out of the house. As soon as I open the door, our elder dog shoots out to the porch and turns to look at me. I nearly smashed her with the door. I was not looking and I was like O.o....WTH!?!?  I look on the porch and she is standing about three (3) feet out looking at me.

Her eyes spoke to me.

"Hun, YOU can stay in there all you want! The house is SCREAMING! You always tell the little people that if the house screams to run outside. Well, I was first and here I am. I am NOT going to die in the screaming house. However, I have one query....WAT DAFUQ DO YOU WANT ME TO DO NOW THAT I AM OUT HERE!"

I stood there and took that in for a moment. I may even have been mesmerized. What brought me back to reality was when the smoke alarms stopped. I don't think I even waved the door after elder dog shot out to the porch. My next thought was "Where is the younger dog?"  Of course her scary tail was in the cage like WTH!!!  Eyes bulging out. I don't think she has ever heard the smoke alarms before. Ayup. She'll be the first dumb blonde to die in a scary movie. Only...she is not blonde, she is brown and even has a five o'clock shadow. Hrmmmm....

After the house stopped screaming, elder dog was like "Ok, Its all over, lemme in!" Then she continued to lay down in her spot like nothing happened.

Silly dog.

What do YOU think?

No comments:

Post a Comment