Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Day 20: Alarming. Isn't it?

About a month ago, my husband happily got a new phone. It is always fun to explore the phone setting and see what ring tones and alarms it has. While you can download ringtones and noises to suit your personality, getting a new phone is "like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are gonna get." (credit Forrest Gump, of course!) This particular phone makes me want to shoot the world when the alarm goes off. 

Let us take a step back for a moment. I used to have a lovely "Good morning! Bing Bing Bing. Good morning!" song on my phone. While it was grating, it was not terribly annoying or shake you out of sleep type of thing. It was just bad enough to make you want to get up and at least move around. That is the point of an alarm clock isn't it? To get your azz out of bed to start the day? My Cal hated that alarm. I believe I now know why.

In anticipation of doing the sheeple thing, by that I mean, waking up on time or even a little earlier so I do not have to rush to get everyone ready for the day, I set two alarms. One that is not so annoying and then the real one thirtyish minutes later. It is during that second alarm that my Cal's phone goes off. That alarm of his sounds like some catholic boys choir has suddenly caught the holy ghost and they are really flippin happy about it. It also sounds like they are conveying to you that the train is awake and is chugging happily away down the track, in open space, at full speed. "Goooood morning! Good morning! OH. OH! Good morning! Good good good morning! OH! OH!"  It starts right up in the middle of the happy crappy and will make you stand straight up from a horizontal position. I sleep pretty hard sometimes but that damn alarm does it every stinking time. To make matters worse, Now that I have been jarred awake, I look at my dear soul mate and he is just laying there....snoring away....like nothing has happened. 

That makes me want to shoot up the moon too. (Speaking of that, how in the heck can I do that. Really. The moon is made of cheese and full of holes already. Wait. Maybe someone already did that for me long ago. Poo, taking the fun out of being grumpy absolute first thing in the morning. Grr. Grumpier already and coffee is not even made. I digress.) I am already standing up and now have to look for his phone because he obviously is NOT going to turn that damn choir off. I got it babe. I find it. After much consideration, I turn it off. The phone lives to see yet another day. 

In the fashion of my peeples, I will do the same again tomorrow. And the next day. And the next day. At least every day after that until the phone dies a mysterious death. We won't talk about that right now. It will never accidentally die on purpose maliciously, will it? Never.

Off to get coffee. At least it is quiet. (Oooh! Imagine if I made coffee with red bull instead of water? THEN turn that alarm on. I bet I could SEE the choir then!  **Micaa shudders**)

What do YOU think?

No comments:

Post a Comment