Thursday, January 15, 2015

Day 15: Why stifle the creativity?

This morning, I woke up to a series of stifling posts from one of my favorite blogs. "Harsh Reality" is one of the most out there and real blogs I read. That is why I enjoy reading it so much.

Apparently the host of the site wants to limit the creative and uplifting abilities of this blogger simply for trying to encourage those of us who are starting out. They reblog interesting posts, have guest bloggers, as well as provide tips and tricks to be a successful blogger. Further, they post random things that are quite interesting reads. They stifled ALL of that.

Just when I was beginning to like that particular site and was considering using them to host my own domain. Should I think again? The whole purpose of a blogging site or having your own domain is to get your stuff out there digitally. It is freedom of expression and a new avenue for writers to be heard outside of the markets they sell in. Many people are not even book writers. They flourish on the blogger "genre."

By that site stifling what this author was doing for others (including me) it has made for a bad experience and I now am questioning keeping that other blog going. I have put a lot of time into that one and I love the way it has evolved.

Stop stifling the creativity folks. There is not much left. Some of us refuse to be sheeples!

What do YOU think?

No comments:

Post a Comment