Sunday, January 4, 2015

Day 4: I am water and rain makes me sad

I have been doing reading on elements. I find it fascinating. I used to think that earth or fire was MY element but in the research I have been doing I discover that I may be wrong. The more I read, the more I find that I have a great deal in common with the element of water.

Even when I read outside of pure element research, I find that the things related to me revolve around water. For example, this morning I was reading the "native american zodiac" (for lack of a better description, it fails me to remember what it was and I am too lazy to go look. Ya, I digress. I am supposed to!) The animal that was related to my birth time was the salmon. Nice, a water animal. Other things that are too many to mention lead me in the same direction. Water water water.

Today, it is raining where I live. Rainy days always bum me out. I have also noted that, sometimes, I can pinpoint precisely WHY I am sad in the first place. Those reasons have nothing to do with the elements but they DO revolve around rainy days for some reason. This makes me mad...sort of. If it were not to rain would I ever be sad? What possibly is happening that my sad days happen to be on a rainy day?  Here is where we insert the analogies. Rain drops are shaped like tears. Some children are told that when it rains the angels cry. Crying is a way to wash off the old stuff and make things anew. Yea, I am aware of that. That is not the point of this post.

I guess I am just sad today and today it is raining and water is my element. Enough said.

Yes, this post is short but other than nonsensical ramblings, due to my current mood, I have nothing more for today.

What do YOU think?

No comments:

Post a Comment